Part two of our interview with Dr. Carolyn McClanahan, a medical doctor who became a certified financial planner. We touched on a cross section of healthcare and planning topics:
- 00:23 Which Senator killed the public option?
- 01:48 Importance of the public option
- 02:10 Elisabeth Rosenthal book How Health Care Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back
- 04:25 Ideas for fixing healthcare
- 5:16 Origin of “ObamaCare”
- 06:11 Ted Kennedy and healthcare
- 06:35 Nixon had a good healthcare plan
- 08:24 The craziness of employer based healthcare
- 09:56 Is Long-Term Care Insurance worth it?
- 11:44 The Big Four of Aging
- 15:44: "Primary Care for All!"
- 19:58 Aging parents and healthcare
Time to Expand Community Health
Carolyn McClanahan, MD, CFP®
Meridian Wealth Management